AHA Instructor Corner
You will find useful links and forms needed to make your AHA programs easier to run and keep track of. To all instructors regarding payment, when sending in your money for the cost of the cards and administrative services, the payment must be in a form of Money Order or Certified Bank Check. We do not accept checks.
The St. John's University Training Center currently working with:
- Queens Borough Community College: QCC
- TRAINING CENTER MANAGER LINK: TCM
- HOW TO REGISTER AS A STUDENT IN TCM
Prior to teaching any courses pull up the Notification of Intent off your computer, fill out the shaded boxes (the rest of the page is locked so you can’t make a mistake and change anything). Save the completed form to your computer under a unique name. (I am saving them all under the date of the course. Example: BLS04-01-11.doc or ACLS03-30-11)
The best way to send this to me is to send it as an email attachment to my address firstname.lastname@example.org The second less preferable choice would be to print it and fax it to me at 718-990-8470
This form must be filled out and mailed back to STJ TC if ANY of your contact information has changed.
This form is used to receive AHA instructor teaching credit for courses you do not teach under the STJ TC, QCC TS, and this form must be filled out and either faxed or emailed to the STJ TC.
End of Course Evaluation Student Forms and Instructor Evaluation Summary Forms:
At the end of your class ask everyone to fill out an end of course evaluation. You can print these from the instructor corner on the stjohns.edu/ems web page. Pull up your saved copy of the End of Course Evaluation Summary. Total all your responses and fill them in on that form in the appropriate shaded boxes. Save the completed form to your computer under a unique name.Email or fax me that sheet
The AHA Instructor who teaches the respective AHA course saves the original student evaluations for 3 years from the date of the class (AHA requirement). DO NOT send me paper copies. You must have these files at all time for audits.
END OF COURSE EVALUATION FORM -this is filled out by the student and given to the instructor. The Instructor saves these evaluations, DO NOT send them to us.
END OF COURSE EVALUATION SUMMARY - this is to be filled out by the course instructor, tally all the values on this form.
Interim Skills Testing Sheets:
- ACLS CPR AED Testing Checklist
- PALS CPR AED Testing Check list Child 1-Rescuer CPR and AED Test
- PALS CPR AED Testing Check list Infant 1- and 2-Rescuer CPR Test
- 2010 AHA Course Matrix
- 2010 AHA CPR & ECC 2011 Product Release Schedule – Print Products
- 2010 Energy dosing in AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- E-learning skills session credit for instructors
- AHA Quick Links
- Instructor Up Date User Guide
- Instructor Up Date User Guide FAQ
ACLS Instructor Materials:
PALS Instructor Materials:
- PALS Pretest
- PALS Interim Materials Lesson Map Changes
- PALS Provider Manual Comparison Sheet
- PEARS Interim Lesson Map Changes
BLS and Heartsaver Instructor Materials:
- 2010 CPR Skills Testing Sheet - This sheet must be used to test BLS.
- 2010 AHA BLS Guidelines Sheet
- BLS Healthcare Provider Comparison Sheet
- BLS HCP Interim Materials Lesson Map Changes
- Heart Saver Adult and Child CPR AED, Infant CPR Skills Sheet
- Heart Saver First Aid Skills Sheet
- Heartsaver Interim Materials Lesson Map Changes
How to order AHA Books and Instructor Supplies:
There are three companies that supply AHA materials, you are free to chose who you want but we do have a great discount with Channing Bete ONLY!
Channing Bete - As part of the STJ AHA Training Center you are eligible for a 5% discount on AHA products and 10% on equipment from Channing Bete when you order $200 or more of AHA supplies.
On orders of $200 or more you get free shipping.
When placing orders of $200 or more call Megan Valle at 1-888-834-6640 extension 2 and make sure to mention you are affiliated with St. John’s University Training Center.
Orders below $200 are not entitled to the discount. To place those orders please call Channing Bete customer service direct at 1-800-611-6083.