The Department of Defense will pay the fellow’s full tuition and
required fees (not to include room and board). In addition
fellows receive a stipend for 12-month tenures of up to $31,
The application will be available September 2012.
There are four eligibility requirements: citizenship, discipline,
academic status, and the ability to accept the full benefit.
You must meet all four requirements in order to be eligible.
Students will need to send in with their application
- General GRE score from the five years.
- Official, sealed transcripts from any graduate work as well as
your undergraduate school.
- Contact information for at least three references.
- Information on all your publications, presentations, patents,
and patent applications.
- Contact info for supervisors of Research, Leadership, and
Teamwork Experiences, and any Community and Volunteer Work
As a means of increasing the number of U.S. citizens and nationals
trained in science and engineering disciplines of military
importance, the Department of Defense (DoD) plans to award
approximately 200 new three-year graduate fellowships in April
2011, subject to the availability of funds. The DoD will
offer these fellowships to individuals who have demonstrated the
ability and special aptitude for advanced training in science and
For more information, please visit National Defense Science and