Grades and Marks
The grading scales for each level follow:
|Undergraduate Level||Graduate Level|
|Grade||Point Value||Grade||Point Value|
''C'' is the lowest passing grade on the graduate level.There is no ''D-'' on the undergraduate level.
Additional Marks and Notations
|ABF - Absent/Failure||ABF - Absent/Failure|
|ABX - Absent/No Penalty||AU - Audit|
|AU - Audit||INC - Incomplete|
|P - Passing||P - Passing|
|UW - Unofficial Withdrawal||UW - Unofficial Withdrawal|
|WD - Withdrawal||WD - Withdrawal|
|X - Failure, No Penalty|
Please note the following pertaining to the University's marks and notations:
- There is no mark of INC on the undergraduate level. On the graduate level, this mark is assigned to students who fail to submit a research paper or some equivalent research project.
- On the graduate level, the grade P is assigned in courses that may only be graded on a ''pass/fail'' basis.
- On the undergraduate level, the grade P is assigned to students whose application for the ''pass/fail'' option is approved and who do passing work. Undergraduates approved for the ''pass/fail'' option who do failing work are assigned the mark of X.Undergraduates approved for the ''pass/fail'' option who miss their final examinations are assigned the mark of ABX.
- Undergraduates not exercising the ''pass/fail'' option who miss their final examinations are assigned the mark of ABF. This mark counts in the GPA as an F.
- The mark of WD (withdrawal) is assigned upon the completion of the of the official withdrawal process.
- The mark of UW (unofficial withdrawal) may be assigned, at the instructor's discretion, in cases for which there is an insufficient basis for an earned grade.
- The mark of AU is assigned to both undergraduate and graduate students whose application for the audit option is approved. Students approved to audit a course receive no credit for it. Courses taken on an audit basis may not be repeated for credit.