The group study rooms located on the first floor of the Queens
Library (St. Augustine Hall) are available to current St. John’s
University students for group study and collaborative work
on class projects. They are not intended for use as
individual study carrels or as general-purpose classrooms
and are not available for meetings of student clubs and
societies or social gatherings. The group study rooms are not for
use by students of other colleges/universities. Due to the
popularity of these rooms, the library has established reservation
policies for their use (see below).
There are four group study rooms in the Queens
Library: Rooms A, B, C, and D are located on the first floor, north
Check Group Study Room
Group Study Room Policies:
- A reservation is required to use the group study rooms -
inquire at the 3rd floor Service Desk or call the Circulation
Department at 718-990-6850.
- A valid St. John’s Storm Card is required in order to reserve a
- Study groups consist of a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8
people. If fewer than 4 people are present at any time,
the reservation may be cancelled and the room will become
available to the first group that wishes to reserve
- Rooms can be booked up to one week in advance.
- Group study rooms can only be reserved for regular library
hours. The group study rooms are not available for use during
- Each individual may reserve one time slot per day; each group
may reserve a maximum of two time slots per day. No
individual or group may reserve more than 6 time
slots per week.
- A minimum of 4 students must be present within 10 minutes
of the beginning of the reservation time; after that, the
reservation is cancelled and the room will become available to the
first group that wishes to reserve it.
- Please keep the door closed when the room is occupied.
- Please take your belongings with you when leaving the
room, clean up all trash and recyclables, and dispose of
it in appropriate receptacles.
- Unattended library materials will be retrieved and shelved on a
- The Libraries are not responsible for personal belongings left
in the group study rooms.
- The Queens Library is a quiet study area, so please keep
noise in group study rooms moderate.
Please be considerate of others: keep
noise levels moderate and leave the group study room clean. Thank