The St. John’s University Libraries strive to create an
environment conducive to reading, study, research, consultation,
and quiet collaboration. All library patrons and employees are
expected to respect their fellow library users, as indicated in the
Library Code of Conduct.
Certain food and drink items are allowed in specific areas of
the Queens Library, if consumed responsibly. Patrons are
expected to clean up after themselves, discarding trash and
recyclables in appropriate containers and notify staff immediately
of any spills.
- Food is limited to snack or wrapped items purchased at the
cafe and may be consumed only in the cafe.
- Food may not be delivered or brought into the library
- No food is allowed in the Academic Commons or Quiet
Study Area on the 1st floor or anywhere on the 3rd and 4th
- Beverages are limited to those in closed containers, such as
covered cups and bottles.
- Within reason, beverages in closed containers are allowed in
all areas of the library, if consumed responsibly.
These policies are intended to preserve library materials,
computer equipment, and furnishings as well as to maintain a
pleasant and comfortable environment for everyone.