In keeping with the Libraries’ mission, the librarians and
library staff at St. John’s strive to provide our users with
collections and services that aim to fill their information needs.
To achieve this goal, we strongly encourage behavior that enables
all library patrons and employees to enjoy a safe library
environment that contributes to academic excellence, research,
reading, and study.
In accordance with the University Code
of Conduct, all library patrons and employees are expected to
demonstrate respect, consideration, and courtesy to others through
their behavior in the Libraries.
- Consultation with librarians and library staff.
- Participation in instructional sessions.
- Quiet study, research, reading, and reflection.
- Group study and research, in appropriate areas and at suitable
- Use of the Libraries’ print and electronic collections.
- Appropriate use of the Libraries’ computing resources.
- Other academic use of the Libraries’ collections and
University Libraries Mission Statement: The St.
John's University Libraries commit themselves to the teaching and
learning processes by providing content-based information
resources, instructional services, and other support in the most
effective formats for University programs and student and faculty
research. The Libraries provide the foundation for the University's
mission of academic excellence and lifelong learning.
University Libraries Vision Statement: The
University Libraries will be a physical and virtual information
crossroads community, helping all library users achieve success
through quality service and ubiquitous access. To achieve this
vision we must sustain excellence by both honoring and renewing