Required Forms/ Surveys/ Photo
The following forms are necessary to confirm your participation on any global studies program:
- Assumption of Risk and Release Form
A standard release, which includes an authorization for medical treatment if necessary.
- Health Disclosure Form
Medical history and pertinent information disclosed by you. Disclosure of said information remains confidential and allows us to assist with your health and safety abroad.
- Emergency Contact Form
This form to provides us with contact information for your family or emergency contact person in case of an emergency abroad. St. John’s students update their information online via our student information system, but we need you to complete this form for us.
- Immunization Records
This form provides us with a copy of your immunization records. This is a NY State requirement, and one that we must have from you before you depart for your program.
- Meningitis Information and Waiver
This form provides you with information on Meningococcal meningitis. The third and final page is a waiver that you must complete indicating that you have either had the immunization or have read the information and still do not want the immunization. This is a NY State requirement, and one that we must have from you before you depart for your program.
- Transcript Request Form
The Transcript Request Form authorizes St. John's University to release your transcript to your home institution. This form is necessary in order for your grades to be transferred back to your home school.
Required Online Surveys
In addition to the forms, each student must complete two online surveys.
- Roommate Questionnaire Survey
This survey will help us to place you with a suitable roommate. If there is someone that you already know you would like to live with, please indicate that on the survey. View the survey here.
- Flight Itinerary Survey
Provide us with your flight information so that we know when to expect your arrival. View the survey here.
- Photo for Your ID Card
- Our campuses abroad have a modern electronic key-card system; each student requires a St. John’s ID card to access the building. As part of the security system we need to have a digital photograph of each student for our database to create the ID card. In order to have the ID card waiting for you upon arrival, we will need you to submit a digital picture to us.
- The picture should be against a solid background (preferably white or blue). A passport-style picture works well. Please also make sure that you are not wearing glasses or a hat (this is a requirement for the picture to be valid). There's no set size requirement, but anything less than 1MB should work fine (e.g. 400x400 or 640x480). You can submit the photo to our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Passport Copy
In addition to the required forms, we will also need a copy of the photograph and signature pages of your passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your program ends. We use this to help you in the unlikely event that your passport is lost or stolen while abroad.
- Visa Copy
Students who need to obtain visas to study abroad, must submit a copy to the Office of Global Studies before departing. Like your passport copy, it will be important to have a copy of your visa on file in case your passport is lost or stolen while abroad.