Think Cancun is the “Real”
Mexico? Think again!
* Below is a course from our Summer 2013 intersession. Look out for
Summer 2014 programs to be announced mid-December!
Picture yourself in a city as ancient as Rome, as influential as
Athens, and as historically significant as Istanbul. Now imagine
that the same cultural richness and ethnic diversity that you would
expect to find in these cities can be found in the historic state
of Puebla, Mexico.
This year's summer program in Mexico represents the
perfect fit for History
majors, minors, and enthusiasts alike. Visits to key
museums, ruins, monuments, and churches will bring you face-to-face
with history in ways you never imagined possible!
- Visits to Pre-Clombian ruins: Cacaxtla, Tajin, Teotihuacan
- Tour of Bacardi plant
- Explore the cities of Puebla, Mexico City, Atlixco, Cuetzalan,
- Visit a Trout Fishery
- History Through Culture in Mexico*
*This course fulfills the non-Western history requirement
Dates: June 2 - 16, 2013
- Application Deadline: March 25, 2013
- Deposit Deadline: April 3, 2013
Professor: Alejandro Quintana, Ph. D
Program Fee: $1,990 plus tuition (airfare
*Please note: Tuition and airfare are in addition to the program
fee. Please check the tuition based on your school and how
many credits you choose to enroll in while abroad.
**Looking for ways to
help with the costs of studying abroad this Summer? Check out
theLicari and the Benjamin
A. Gilman International Scholarships outlined on our