As faculty leaders, there are several steps you must take to
make your program a success. Below is an outline:
Prior to your departure, you have certain obligations to your
program. Please keep the following in mind:
During the Program
Once you have reached your destination, please keep in mind the
- Be accessible to students at all times. Make sure students have
your contact phone number and designate a meeting spot in case of
- Call OGS as soon as all students have arrived safely at your
- Report any emergency situation to OGS (For a point of
reference, please refer to
Faculty Pre-Departure PowerPoint Presentation ).
- Accompany students on all program-related site visits and
- Keep all receipts for reimbursement.
Upon arrival back in NY, there a few final housekeeping items
that you will need to complete.
- Submit grades in a timely fashion, generally within 72 hours of
arrival in New York.
- Submit a T&E
form within 30 days of program completion.
- Stay in contact with your students. Send your group a
brief message telling them how much you enjoyed getting to know
them. You might even want to include a group picture.
To help ensure a successful program, below are some tools for
- Be proactive in the recruitment of students.
- Welcome students who have applied to your program (OGS will
provide you with weekly enrollment updates which will include email
addresses) by sending them information about the program and
- Take advantage of information sessions which will provide you
with a platform to "sell" your program.