To complete the Honors Program, students are required to take a
minimum of 30 credit hours in Honors courses or their equivalent.
Students are expected to maintain an overall index of at least 3.3.
Honors credit may be obtained in the following ways:
- A core curriculum “Honors” designated course
- An “Honors” designated elective
- Either graduate course credits in the student’s field of study,
advanced placement credits in core classes or International
- Completion of a non-Honors course with an “Honors Contract.” An
Honors Program student enrolls in a regular course, but makes a
prior arrangement with the instructor and Honors Director to
complete an additional project reflecting honors work*
- A three-credit research experience, which can be a seminar or
independent study course for independent study in the student’s
field of concentration*
- Honors credits may be earned for study abroad*
*These options require prior approval by the Honors Program
administrators and are limited in number applicable to the Honors
For more information about the Honors Program, please contact the
Director at the appropriate campus.