In the 1991-1992 Academic Year, the Department of Theology and
Religious Studies at St. John's University inaugurated the Paul E.
McKeever Chair in Moral Theology. Established as a living
memorial to an esteemed colleague whose breadth and depth of
theological vision embraced service as a peritus at Vatican Council
II, presidency of the Catholic Theological Society of America and
editorship of The Long Island Catholic newspaper and
The Priest magazine, this Chair continues Paul E.
McKeever’s commitment to rigorous theological studies and priestly
ministry. The Distinguished Scholars who have held the Chair
- 2007 -
Thomas A. Shannon, Ph.D.
- 2005-2006 -
- 2003-2004 - Daniel Sulmasy, O.F.M.
- 2002-2003 - Sidney Callahan
- 1997-1998 - Anne E. Patrick, S.W.J.M.
- 1996-1997 - Kenneth R. Himes, O.F.M.
- 1995-1996 - Edward C. Vacek, S.J.
- 1993-1994 - Sandra M. Schneiders, I.H.M.
- 1992-1993 - John Kavanaugh, S.J.
- 1991-1992 - Enda McDonagh