The Latin American Law Student Association (LALSA) at St. John's
School of Law was founded to help Latino students succeed and to
serve, generally, as a support system to its members.
The organization is founded on five basic principles:
- Ensuring the academic achievement of its members
- Creating networking opportunities with professionals
- Giving back to the community
- Providing an outlet for classroom stress through social
- Instilling the Latino legal perspective at the Law School, the
University at large, and in the Queens community
Other major objectives include collaborating with other student
organizations to help further common goals.