The Disability Rights Society at St. John's School of Law has
been established to:
- Promote awareness on campus about issues arising with people
with disabilities, including discrimination in employment,
education, health insurance, health care; special education;
housing; telecommunications; public transportation.
- Teach students about the laws that protect people with
disabilities and the laws, such as the American with Disabilities
Act (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Individuals
with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), that protect people with
disabilities and the laws that still need to be passed.
- Sponsor events on campus that highlight issues arising within
the Disability Community.
- Provide a network for students to learn more about job
opportunities related to Disability Law.
- Give back to the Disability Community.