To maintain a vibrant, internationally recognized Center with a
robust agenda of activities that are beneficial to children and
youth with exceptional gifts and talents, their teachers, and their
parents, and that encourage high level achievement in diverse kinds
of learners, with a particular focus on urban settings.
- Facilitate collaboration within and between St. John’s
University and Collaborative schools in the vicinity and
- Establish a scaffolded set of teacher development
- Encourage giftedness across age, talent, socioeconomic status,
race, sex, religion, etc.
- Create environments of collaborative, thoughtful engagement in
- Foster the dispositions and skills essential to leadership in a
complex, pluralistic, and rapidly changing democracy
- Create a nexus for programs, activities, services, and
institutions pertaining to gifted education and development
- Become the “go-to” place for urban gifted issues