Family and Guests
Welcome Family and Friends!
Thank you for your interest in attending the upcoming Staten Island Commencement Exercises.
- Read the 2017 Staten Island Commencement Exercises Student Information Book
- Bring your Commencement tickets with you
- Look at the campus map
- Check www.stjohns.edu for the latest updates
- Check www.weather.com for the latest forecast
- Check your local news for road closings and delays
- Arrive to your seats by 8:45 a.m.
- Make arrangements with your graduate for a meeting location immediately following the ceremony or in case the ceremony is abbreviated due to severe weather
Clothing and Other Items
- Light colors are best as May can be hot and sunny
- Rain jacket
- Comfortable shoes
- Sunglasses and hats
- Click here for a list of items that are NOT allowed at the ceremony.
- There will be an ambulance alongside the Kelleher Center.
- If you need immediate assistance, please find a Public Safety Officer or a University Host in a red St. John's shirt.
- Mahoney Hall
- Lavelle Hall
- Loretto Memorial Library
- DaSilva Academic Center ~ for disabled guests only
Guests with Special Needs
- Due to the large number of guests in attendance, we are only able to offer seating to the person with special needs and one companion.
- Reserved parking for guests with special needs is located by DaSilva Academic Center; enter through Gate 1. Reserved seating for guests with special needs is located at the front left side of the seating section, facing the stage. Public Safety Officers and University Hosts can assist with parking and seating.
- Sign language interpreters will be present for the duration of the ceremony.
- Handicap accessible restrooms are located in DaSilva Academic Center.
- Guests will be able to view the Commencement Exercises in the DaSilva Academic Center.
- Seating in the simulcast area is limited and requires a ticket to enter. Plan accordingly.
- Ask any Public Safety Officer or University Host in red St. John's shirts for assistance.
- The Commencement Exercises will be viewable live online at stjohns.edu/commencement
- The bookstore will be open on May 20 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.