Will the graduate names be
- As an institution we understand the importance of calling the
names of each of our graduates, and inviting each of the graduates
to greet his or her dean on stage so that the dean may offer
congratulations on behalf of the University. The names of our
graduates will be read unless extreme weather necessitates that we
amend the ceremony.
Are there special arrangements
for wheelchair-bound and/or hearing-impaired graduates, family, and
Will the St. John's University
Commencement Exercises be simulcasted if guests are unable to sit
When do I receive my
How do I order keepsake
How long is the Commencement
- Great care has been taken to ensure the ceremony is completed
as quickly and as smoothly as possible. The ceremony is expected to
last approximately 1 ½ hours. Graduates and guests are asked to
show respect for all of their fellow classmates and are expected to
remain until the end of the ceremony.
What do I do when I arrive at the
- Graduating students are to go directly to their assigned line
up locations no later than 8:30 a.m. Click here for
assembly location and instructions for the day of
What should I
- All graduating students need to order and wear academic attire
at the graduation ceremony. Click
here to order. Under your academic attire, it is
suggested you wear comfortable shoes and clothing.
Are restrooms readily available
at the ceremony?
- All University buildings are equipped with public restrooms and
will be available throughout the weekend.
- Please locate a University Commencement Host or Public Safety
Officer for assistance.
Do I need tickets for my
What to do in the event of
- The Staten Island Commencement Exercise will be held on the
Great Lawn rain or shine. Click here for more
Will parking be
What if I'm not attending the
- Students who are not attending the Commencement Exercises
should contact their school or college office. Please note that you
must still order your diploma online.
How can I arrange for my senior
portrait and yearbook photo to be taken?
- For yearbooks, please contact the office of Student Affairs at
- For senior portraits, please contact Denise Forgione at (718)
*The above information only pertains to the Staten
Island Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 18,