Will the graduate names be
- As an institution we understand the importance of calling the
names of each of our graduates, and inviting each of the graduates
to greet his or her dean on stage so that the dean may offer
congratulations on behalf of the University. The names of our
graduates will be read unless extreme weather necessitates that we
amend the ceremony.
Are there special arrangements
for wheelchair-bound and/or hearing-impaired graduates, family and
Will the Queens Commencement
Exercises be simulcasted if guests are unable to sit
When do I receive my
What time should my guests
- All guests should arrive and be seated no later than 8:45
How long is the Commencement
- Great care has been taken to ensure that the ceremony is
completed as quickly and smoothly as possible. We anticipate that
the ceremony will run approximately 2 ½ hours. Guests and graduates
are asked to show respect for all of their fellow classmates and
are expected to remain until the end of the ceremony.
Are restrooms readily available
at the ceremony?
- All University buildings are equipped with public restrooms,
which will be available throughout the weekend.
- Please locate a University Host or Public Safety Officer for
What do I do when I arrive at the
- Graduating students are to go directly to their assigned
assembly and line up locations no later than 8:15 a.m. Click here for
assembly locations and instructions for the day of
What should I
- All graduating students need to order and wear academic attire
at the graduation ceremony. Click
here to order. Under your academic attire, it is suggested that
you wear comfortable footwear and clothing.
Do I need tickets for my
- Yes, all guests will require a ticket to enter the Ceremony. Click
here for ticket information.
What to do in the event of
- The Queens Commencement Exercises will be held on the Great
Lawn rain or shine. Click here for more information
regarding inclement weather. All graduates will receive a poncho,
Will parking be
What if I'm not attending the
- Students who are not attending the Commencement Exercises
should contact their school/college dean's office. Please note that
you must still order your diploma online.
How can I arrange for my senior
portrait and yearbook photo to be taken?
- Undergraduate students will receive a copy of the STJ
Vincentian Yearbook. For more information regarding Senior
Portraits for the Yearbook, please contact the Office of Student
Affairs at (718) 990-6380.
How do I order keepsake
- Full details on Commencement Keepsake Items are available here.
*The above information only pertains to the Queens
Commencement Ceremony on Sunday, May 19, 2013.