- International stoles represent the country and academic accomplishments of a student who has studied abroad or is studying in the United States. Individual students can wear a stole at Commencement to show pride in their accomplishment. Please note these stoles are not meant to represent your country of origin.
- If you studied abroad and/or are an international student studying here in the United States, you will be eligible to purchase an international stole during Academic Attire Distribution.The international stoles will be available for purchase at the Herff Jones table for $20. Please note that if you have studied in more than one country, you may select only one international stole to wear at Commencement.
- The international stoles that will be available for purchase are as follows:
- Argentina, Australia, Austria, Barbados, Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Ecuador, France, Great Britain, Greece, India, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Africa, Spain, and the United States of America
Stole of Gratitude
- The stole of gratitude can be worn during the Commencement Ceremony.
- After the ceremony, traditionally the new graduate presents the stole of gratitude to someone who provided extraordinary help or support, someone who has provided them with wisdom, guidance, and words of support or with financial assistance.
- The stole of gratitude is available for purchase during Academic Attire Distribution directly from Herff Jones.
- The bookstore will be open on May 17 from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Ceremony Photography and Video
- Guests will not be able to approach the stage area or graduate seating area prior to the start of the ceremony or the duration of the ceremony for any reason, including photography and videotaping.
- Professional photographers from Grad Images will be present at Academic Attire Distribution to take a photo of graduates in academic attire. They will also be present at the Commencement Ceremony to take photographs of graduates as they enter the stage, while shaking the hand of their dean and as they exit the stage.
- To ensure graduates receive the digital proofs, please complete the order card that will be distributed during the ceremony and hand the card to the photographer before going up the ramp of the stage to be recognized.
- Graduates can pre-order their photographs by pre-registering at GradImages.
- For replacement of photos, please contact Grad Images, Customer Service Department at 1-800-261-2576.
- The Commencement Ceremony will be captured on video and a DVD will be made available to graduates.
- Graduates can pre-order their DVD by visiting Graduation Nation.
- Rings can be purchased through Herff Jones.
- Diploma frames are available for purchase through the Bookstore.
- Personalized St. John's University graduation announcements are available for purchase online from Herff Jones.
- Announcements must be ordered six (6) weeks prior to graduation.
- Guests will receive a shortened program book at the Commencement Ceremony.
- Graduates will receive the Commemorative Commencement program with a full list of graduate names when they pick up their diplomas beginning Tuesday, June 23, 2015 and for physician assistant graduates beginning Monday, July 20, 2015.
- Graduates receive a plain black tassel with their academic attire.
- Commemorative red and white tassels are available for purchase during Academic Attire Distribution directly from Herff Jones.