Applicants for the Doctoral degree in
Audiology (Au.D) must:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree
- Satisfy the department that his or her academic preparation
indicates a high
potential for successful advanced study in Audiology
- Submit transcripts of all previous academic coursework
- Have completed a minimum of 18 undergraduate background credits
Language Pathology and Audiology.
- Submit three letters of recommendation from individuals
familiar with the
candidate’s academic coursework
- Provide a clearly written statement of educational and
- Student must select home institution (Adelphi, Hofstra or St.
John’s) in which
records will be kept and from which degree will be designated
- GRE scores are required for all candidates applying to the
Students who have a
bachelor’s degree in a major area other than communication sciences
and disorders are required to complete the following six
prerequisite courses prior to admission:
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism
- Speech and Language Development
- Speech and Hearing Sciences
- Speech and Language Disorders
- Introduction to Audiology
Applications are due by
February 1 (fall admission only). All applicants to the Doctorate
of Audiology doctoral program must apply and submit all
admission materials to Adelphi University.
You may contact
Adelphionline, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,
or call (516) 877-3050
For further information,
Yula Serpanos, Ph.D., Au.D.
Hy Weinberg Center
158 Cambridge Avenue, Room 122
Garden City, NY 11530
Ianthe Murad, Sc.D.
Web Address for this page: