Why does PARTNERS Clinic exist?
- 25% percent of youth are exposed to traumatic events, such as
sexual abuse, physical abuse, and bereavement due to traumatic
circumstances (such as domestic or community violence).
- As a result, most of these youth experience symptoms of
posttraumatic stress disorder, anxiety, depression, and/or juvenile
- At least 75% of them never receive any treatment for this.
- In the long term and without mental health interventions,
traumatized children may experience substance abuse, personality
disorders, and vocational and interpersonal
- Exposure to these traumatic events and mental health
consequences is more common among economically-disadvantaged
families of color, who are less likely to seek mental health
PARTNERS Clinic Success