Transfer Student Services
The Office of Transfer Student Services is charged with providing transfer students with guidance during their transition to St. John’s University. Every student will be afforded the opportunity to speak with a professional advisor concerning their academic and personal goals. Upon acceptance, a Transfer Student Services advisor will schedule a one-one-one meeting to discuss potential credits granted, various course options and to facilitate the registration process. In addition, the Office of Transfer Student Services is a gateway to the many support services and departments across campus, including the academic deans’ offices. An advisor is always available to answer questions whether by in-person visits, e-mail, or phone.
For more information contact our office at 718-990-3371 or 718-990-3363. You may also email us at Tsshelp@stjohns.edu.
Office of Transfer Student Services
St. John's University
8000 Utopia Parkway
Queens, NY 11439
It is my pleasure to introduce the Office of Transfer Student Services.
The Office of Transfer Student Services provides all newly accepted Transfer Students with personal, one-on-one guidance by reviewing transcript evaluations, selecting courses and creating an individualized student schedule.
We realize the importance of providing Transfer Sudents with a specific resource for transitioning and acclimating to St. John’s. Transfer advisors assist students throughout the transfer process to ensure a positive and welcoming experience.
On behalf of St. John’s University and The Office of Transfer Student Services, I wish you much success in your academic and personal endeavors.
Dr. Nancy S. Kaplan
Director, Office of Transfer Student Services
Welcome to St. John’s University
As a Transfer student, you likely have some questions about the process leading to your enrollment at St. John’s. The following is designed to give you an overview of our process:
Once accepted by the Office of Admission, your transcripts are sent for review to your Academic Dean’s office.
- Your Academic Dean will evaluate your transfer credits based on your transcripts.
- You may view the results of this credit evaluation on the University’s Information System (UIS). Your Username is your X ID number (St. John’s Identification number) and your Password is your 6-digit Date of Birth (mmddyy). Your X ID number will be provided to you in your acceptance letter. Should you attempt to view this information prior to receiving an official Acceptance Letter from the University, please call Transfer Student Services (TSS) at the number indicated below.
- The Office of Transfer Student Services (TSS) will contact you to schedule an appointment with a TSS advisor. During this meeting we will discuss your transfer credits and how these credits fit within your curriculum. You will have the opportunity to discuss your academic goals and how to get the most out of your St. John’s experience.
- At this time, you will be registered for classes and may remit your admission deposit, securing your enrollment at the University. You will also be advised of next steps.
For Additional Information:
Contact Transfer Student Services at 718-990-3371 or 718-990-3363
You may also email us at Tsshelp@stjohns.edu
To schedule an appointment with a Transfer Student Services (TSS) Advisor, please call 718-990-3371 or 718-990-3363. During this meeting you will review transfer credits and create a personalized schedule of classes.
Advisement can be conducted in a varitey of ways to fit your schedule - Transfers may schedule a traditional in-person appointment, a telephone appointment or students can choose to Skype! When scheduling your appointment please be sure to inform TSS staff of your preference.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your transfer to St. John's, feel free to reach out to TSS by calling 718-990-3371 or 718-990-3363 or email us at TSSHELP@stjohns.edu
Follow us on Twitter
See what current Transfers have to say. Follow us @stj_transfer
Monday - Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fridays 8:30 a.m.- 3:00 p.m.
Transfer Student Services
Melissa S. Mirabella serves as Associate Director of Transfer Student Services.
Melissa earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sociology from Hunter College in New York City. She was introduced to the field of higher education and student development early in her career and loved it so much she enrolled in a graduate program here at St. John’s University. Melissa earned a Master’s degree in Student Development Practice in Higher Education at St. John’s University.
Prior to working with transfer students, Melissa provided academic support services to freshmen at Vaughn College of Aeronautics and Technology in Flushing, NY.
Ann Marie Napoli
Transfer Student Services
Ann Marie graduated from Adelphi University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Foreign Languages with a main concentration in Italian. While completing her undergraduate degree she also studied Spanish and Portuguese. Upon her graduation, Ann Marie began working for Banca Nazionale dell’ Agricoltura, an Italian bank which established itself on overseas transactions mainly between New York and Rome.
Ann Marie has been a part of the St. John’s family since 2004. Prior to becoming a Transfer Advisor, she began her career in the University Freshman Center where her main goal was to assist students in any of their academic needs, providing them support in any of their academic concerns.
In 2008, Ann Marie received her Vincentian Mission Certificate, which allowed her to reach out into the NYC community and help those less fortunate.
Ann Marie’s primary goal is to provide students with feasible solutions for any questions or concerns that may arise in their transition to St. John’s.
Transfer Student Services
Olivia attended the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Russian and History. While at Holy Cross, Olivia actively participated in campus ministry, the History Student Advisory Committee and the Purple Key Society. She also loved serving as a board member for the student-led organization, Alternate College Theater, where she was able to choreograph two musicals, Sweet Charity and Urinetown.
Since joining the St. John’s University community in September 2009, Olivia has served as an Admission Counselor before working extensively with transfer students as an Academic Advisor. She is currently pursuing her Master of Science degree in International Communications through the College of Professional Studies.
Transfer Student Advisor
Transfer Student Services
Irene Monaghan is a Transfer Student Advisor, who has returned to the University part-time after retiring in May 2010. She has served the University in a number of capacities over the years, including: Assistant Director of the Career Center, Assistant Dean in St. John’s College and Director of the University Freshman Center on the Staten Island campus.
Irene holds a Bachelor of Science degree in English with a concentration in Business; a Masters in School Counseling and a Professional Diploma in Administration and Supervision, all earned at St. John’s University.
Accepted? Ready to register for your classes?
Fall 2014 Advisement Appointments may be scheduled at this time. Contact the Office of Transfer Student Services (TSS) to schedule an appointment with a Transfer Advisor. You will have an opportunity to review your transfer credits and prepare your fall schedule of classes. You may contact us by calling 718-990-3363 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make your transfer to St. John's as smooth as possible, we have also provided you with the following options:
- Schedule an appointment with a Transfer Advisor for advisement and registration of your courses
- Register for courses if you have viewed your transfer credits and are sure of your current major
Already Scheduled an Appointment? Prepare for your meeting…
Enrollment & Housing Deposits
$300 and $400
NYS Law: Health Forms
Download the required MMR immunizations, physical exam, and meningitis forms.
Health Insurance Program
Automatic enrollment for Residents and International Students. Optional enrollment for commuter students. To waive, visit universityhealthplans.com and select St. John’s University
Submit Official Transcripts
This may include any of the following:
- Official College Transcripts from any College/University attended
- Military Transcripts
- Advanced Placement Results & CLEP results
- College Extension credits through High School
- Official transcript(s)from the College(s) the credits were granted
- If credits were earned at an International Institution:
- Official college transcript in original language with official English translation.
- TOEFL or IELTS exam to demonstrate English language proficiency. Applicants who have attended a school where the primary language of instruction is English can have this requirement waived.
- Foreign credential evaluation. Please refer to naces.org for a listing of credential evaluating agencies from which we can accept course-by-course evaluation. The evaluations must contain US grade and credit equivalents
- Official High School Transcript with graduation date if you have not earned an Associate Degree
Jan. 20 - Martin Luther King Jr. Day; Transfer Student Move In Day
Jan. 21 - New Student Orientation
Jan. 22 - First day of Classes for spring 2014
Jan. 28 - Last Day to Add/Drop classes
Feb. 18 - New Transfer Student Advisement Begins
Sept. 1 - Labor Day – University Holiday
Sept. 3 - First Day of Classes
Sept. 9 - Last Day to Add/Drop Classes
View the full academic calendar.
- College Advantage Program
- College Bound: Liberty Partnerships Program
- Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
- Diversity Education
- Early Admission Program
- ePortfolio Information
- GEAR UP
- High School Scholars Program
- Institute for Core Studies (ICS)
- Portable Professor
- Ronald E. McNair Scholars Program
- SAFE... Mentoring New Students
- Science and Technology Entry Program
- Transfer Student Services
- Tutoring FAQs
- University Freshman Center
- University Learning Commons
- Writing Across the Curriculum