College Advantage Program
The University’s commitment to academic excellence is manifested through the College Advantage Program. This program provides qualified students a concurrent enrollment in their high school and college credit-bearing courses for the University. This program is offered to qualified juniors and seniors during the academic year.
Specific courses are offered in the areas of English, mathematics, language, fine arts, science and humanities.
- The program provides students with an opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. This benefits high-achieving students to be further motivated and to get a “headstart” on college.
- It also provides reduced tuition costs to students and parents, and serves as an assessment of a student’s ability to do college level work.
- Most courses are accepted with a “ C “or higher grade at many colleges and universities.
- Student who enroll in SJU in the fall after graduation, receive a substantial grant.
- Courses and grades become part of a student’s profile and GPA when enroll in SJU after graduation.
Cecelia M. Russo, Director
St. John Hall, Room 216