Numbers Continue to Climb
- Fall 2007 applications rose to a record 27,754, an 8 percent
increase over the prior year.
- Fall 2007 freshmen had the highest average SAT scores in the
history of the University.
- Graduate student enrollment for Fall 2007 at 5,288 was the
largest since 1980.
- Total Fall 2007 international undergraduate and graduate
student applications at 2,168, increased by 8 percent over last
- Fall 2007 international undergraduate and graduate student
enrollment reached 1,055, the largest number in St. John’s history
— major geographic areas include: India, China, Trinidad and
Tobago, South Korea and Bulgaria.
- The Office of Financial Aid processed more than $337 million in
financial assistance for almost 95 percent of the student body in
the form of scholarships, loans, grants and work-study programs —
an increase of 6.9 percent over last year.
- The number of students providing service of all kinds exceeded
9,000 including a record number of students participating in the
University’s Sixth Annual Service Day; students performed 129,349
hours of service last year.