St. John’s friends, alumni and corporate partners believe in the
difference the University makes. This is evidenced by the increase
in annual giving, a number that continues to rise. As a result, the
University has succeeded in moving forward its mission of making a
difference on its campuses and in the world.
Development, Alumni Relations and
Fulfilling the Dream: The St.
John's Capital Campaign
St. John’s celebrated a milestone: the surpassing of $200 million
raised of a $250 million goal for the Fulfilling the Dream
The contributions of alumni, friends and corporate partners
helped provide many award-winning educational resources:
- Construction and renovation of 15 buildings and facilities
- A new Manhattan campus
- A laptop computer for every incoming freshman
- A wireless computer network
- The construction of St. Thomas More Church
This is the New St. John’s, where over 17,700 students have
applied for only 3,000 openings in Fall 2004. To help them achieve
their dreams, a new campaign goal has been set at a quarter of a
Additional revenue goals were
- Individuals donated $24,711,386, 124% of the $20,000,000
- Major gifts of $20,077,886 surpassed expectations, reaching
149% of the $13,500,000 goal.
- Alumni gifts totaled $15,576,741. And the undergraduate alumni
participation rate increased from 14.1% to 16.2%.
- Alumni membership in the Loughlin Society grew 108%. Donors
contributed $17,041,724, 69% of the total revenue for the fiscal
- The 23rd Annual Alumni Reunion Weekend, “Growing, Changing… but
Forever Red,” drew nearly 900 alumni and raised $1,419,208.
- The Parents’ Program donated $212,670. This increase of $96,663
over last year represents 172% of the $125,000 2003-04 goal.
- Other organizations contributed $515,694, an increase of 265%
from last year’s $141,465.
- The Sixth Annual President's Dinner attracted 900 attendees and