Displaying all events for: The School of EducationView all events »
- 30SepSeptember 30, 20161:00 pm — 3:00 pmOnlineTransfer Student Services hosts a number of chats throughout the year for prospective and accepted transfer students.
- 03OctOctober 3, 20161:00 pm — 2:00 pmWeb-XIf your student is interested in a study abroad program, this is the session for you. Administrators will walk you through the “specs” of our various programs and answer any questions you may have, from costs and requirements to excursions. Even better, you’ll have the chance to listen to our Global Ambassadors recount their many stories from their very own experiences abroad.
- 04OctOctober 4, 20166:00 pm — 7:30 pmD'Angelo Center, room 407
- 06OctOctober 6, 20161:50 pm — 3:15 pmD'Angelo Center 207Deadlines for study abroad trips are fast approaching, so it's important to have all of the correct information before you submit your applications. Come to our last minute application and visa Q&A session and have all of your final questions answered.
- 06OctOctober 6, 20165:00 pm — 7:00 pmBatch Gastropub
- 08OctOctober 8, 20161:00 pm — 3:00 pmD'Angelo Room 416BThis orientation, specifically targeted to Winter and Spring 2017 study abroad students, will go over the details of the program the students will be embarking on – from pre-departure preparations to life abroad. Global Studies administrators will lead the orientation and answer any questions that parents may have.
- 13OctOctober 13, 20161:50 pm — 3:15 pmD'Angelo Center 207The Peace Corps sends the best and brightest Americans abroad on behalf of the United States to tackle the most pressing needs of people around the world. Peace Corps Volunteers work at the grassroots level to develop sustainable solutions that address challenges in education, health, economic development, agriculture, environment and youth development. Join us on October 13 to meet with a Peace Corps representative and learn how you can launch your international career with the Peace Corps.
- 19OctOctober 19, 20167:00 pmD’Angelo Center, 416C
- 20OctOctober 20, 20162:30 pm — 6:00 pmKiernan Suite, Staten Island
- 24OctOctober 24, 20161:50 pm — 3:15 pmD'Angelo Center 307This Cultural Mentorship Program is designed for Winter 2017 Global Passports students to prepare them for their time abroad through exercises aimed at identifying and adapting to the social traditions of the country they will be studying in. Note: it’s mandatory for students to attend a session.