Manhattan Campus Events
Displaying all events for: Manhattan CampusView all events »
- 24OctOctober 24, 20176:30 pm — 8:30 pmPresident's Room, Carnesecca ArenaCome meet St. John’s alumni from Fortune 500 companies to learn the ins and outs of networking and the do’s and don’ts of interviewing.
- 26OctOctober 26, 201710:00 amD'Angelo Center, Room 416ABJoin us on October 26 at 10 a.m. in the D'Angelo Center, room 416AB, for two engaging talks and a follow-up discussion with Michael Kevane, Ph.D., Economist and Associate Professor from the Leavey School of Business at Santa Clara University. Dr. Kevane will present "Growing Violence in Northern Burkina Faso: Cases, Consequences, and Remedies" starting at 10 am, and "Reading Fiction and Economic Preferences of Rural Youth in Burkina Faso" at 11:30 am as part of the University Libraries' "West Africa in the Spotlight" series.
- 26OctOctober 26, 20171:50 pm — 3:30 pmD'Angelo Center, Room 306Join us for a candid conversation about accommodations, disclosure, and your rights in the workplace, moderated by Victor Calise ’02CPS the Commissioner of the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities.
- 26OctOctober 26, 20172:00 pm — 3:00 pmMarillac, Room 122
- 26OctOctober 26, 20172:00 pm — 3:30 pmD'Angelo Center, Room 306An open dialogue session, facilitated by Victor Calise, Commission of the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities. This session will focus on supporting our students' abilities to bring their whole self to work through an appreciation that embracing what makes us diverse promotes innovation, understanding, and overall success in the workplace.
- 26OctOctober 26, 20172:00 pmMarillac Hall, Room 425Callisto Campus is an online sexual assault reporting system that is used at St. John’s University. Jess Ladd, CEO and founder of Callisto, will be discussing the platform, her journey to create it, and what it tells us about the often unseen — but not unstoppable — cycle of sexual assault on college campuses.
- 26OctOctober 26, 20175:00 pm — 10:00 pmDaSilva Memorial FieldStudents can compete in a variety of football combine-like challenges.
- 26OctOctober 26, 20176:30 pmThe Little TheatreCome out and view the new mini-series featured on Tidal, After Hours executive produced and created by SJU Alumni Greg Cally and actor Mack Wilds. Take this opportunity to connect with these ambitious innovators and discover how you can break into the film and entertainment industry.
- 27OctOctober 27, 20175:00 pm — 7:00 pmManhattan Campus - Multipurpose Room
- 27OctOctober 27, 20177:00 pmLittle Theatre, QueensA filmmaker recalls his childhood when falling in love with the pictures at the cinema of his home village and forms a deep friendship with the cinema's projectionist.