Displaying all events for: AcademicsView all events »
- 29AugAugust 29, 201711:30 amCarnesecca Arena, QueensAs we begin our 148th academic year, all new students are invited to participate in the New Student Convocation.
- Seminar in Child Abuse and Maltreatment Identification, Reporting, and Intervention for Mandated Professionals15SepSeptember 15, 20171:00 pm — 4:00 pmD'Angelo Room 416C, QueensThis seminar will address such issues as: prevalence and typologies of child/sexual abuse, maltreatment, and neglect; physical and behavioral indicators; emotional and societal ramifications; caretaker and victim risk factors; parameters for interviewing suspected victims and reporting potential child abuse cases to the State Central Register (SCR); and the mandated professional’s role in recognizing and reporting suspected child abuse and neglect. Participants who complete the workshop will earn a certificate of completion, which is required for mandated professional reporters of child abuse and maltreatment.
- 15OctOctober 15, 20178:30 am — 5:30 pmD'Angelo Room 416A, Queens
- 20OctOctober 20, 20179:30 am — 1:00 pmPresident's Room, Carnesecca ArenaThis workshop will prepare clinical and school-based professionals with effective prevention, intervention, and post-intervention strategies for school-related violence incidents.
- 01NovNovember 1, 20178:30 am — 5:00 pmD’Angelo, Room 206
- 04JanJanuary 4, 201810:40 amStudy Abroad Program in Havana, Cuba
- 28AprApril 28, 20187:00 pm — 11:00 pmLeonard’s Palazzo
- 20OctOctober 20, 21061:50 pmSt. John Hall (307)