Growth Grants Program
Faculty Growth Grants are intended to provide support for faculty members who seek to enhance their teaching skills, to further integrate technology in the curriculum or to develop groundbreaking courses. A limited number of grants are available each year.
- Integration of technology into instruction.
- Exploration of pedagogical principles and their integration into the curriculum.
- Development pedagogically groundbreaking courses particularly when they have broad applicability.
Resources made available by the program (maximum award: $1500.00) to cover:
- Funds for travel and registration for a workshop or course that takes place after grant is awarded.
- Travel funds for attendance at a conference that takes place after grant is awarded.
- Funds for supplies needed for development of teaching materials; this does not include equipment.
- Eligibility: Full-time faculty who have not received a growth grant in the past 2 academic years
- Deadlines: Thursday, December 1, 2016, and Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Application procedure:
- Two-page abstract submitted to the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning (Maura C. Flannery, Bent 281). Documentation should include (a) details on the program/workshop; (b) an explanation of how the applicant intends to incorporate information and skills learned into his or her course or courses; (c) how the applicant anticipates helping other colleagues to incorporate technology into their courses; (d) budget (not to include funds for a faculty member’s time).
- Letters of recommendation from Dean and Department/Division Chair.
It is suggested that you contact Maura Flannery before applying so you can receive information on the application process.
Faculty participants in the program must file a report within three months to the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Dean and Department/Division Chair, and they must present in a workshop or publication at St. John’s University.