Outlook Web Access 2007 (OWA) for Admin, Faculty and Staff of the University; student e-mail will not be affected by this upgrade.
- How to access OWA
- OWA user guides
- Personal device configuration guides (unsupported by University IT Department)
- Additional FAQ information
How do I access my e-mail from off-campus?
- Faculty, Administrators and Staff: Use Outlook's Web Access to open your e-mail.
What are the important items I need to know about the Exchange2007 Migration?
- New URL for Webmail/Outlook Web Access is: http://owa.stjohns.edu
- Delete all existing “WEBMAIL” BOOKMARKS and recreate them using the new URL.
- Close and reopen Outlook before the new configuration settings will take effect.
- Exchange 2007 offers a new, robust tool with more features than ever before.
Will my password be affected?
- No. The migration to Exchange 2007 will not require a password change or reset.
Will changing my password in OWA change my University domain logon password?
- Yes, both will change simultaneously.
- On the PC this will work with IE, Firefox and Chrome. Safari is not supported
- Mac users will not be able to change their password this way, the option will not be offered to them.
Will I receive e-mails sent to me while my e-mail is being migrated?
- Yes. All e-mails will be “queued up” and delivered following the completion of the migration.
Will VPN / Remote Connectivity be affected?
- Remote VPN services will work normally following the migration to Exchange 2007.
How do I configure Exchange 2007 with my cell phone/smart phone?
How does Exchange2007 work with my current Apple e-mail applications?
What will Migrated Users see if they go to http://email.stjohns.edu?
- Users will see the old WEBMAIL Login screen
- If the user logs in to WEBMAIL.stjohns.edu after the mailbox has been migrated, the user will receive an error.
- The user will need to log on to: http://owa.stjohns.edu
How will support be provided?
- St. John’s University Help Desk will be available to assist with any post‐migration e-mail‐related issues. Any issues should be immediately reported to the Help Desk team by calling 718-990‐5000
- View the complete FAQ document.