The Office of Fire Safety at St. John's University, a unit within the Department of Environmental Health and Safety is responsible for:
- Researching, preparing and distributing Fire Safety Plans
- Provide professional and technical information in the area of fire suppression, fire detection and fire education
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and municipal fire safety codes and regulations
- Interface with municipal Fire Inspectors and all Fire Department Officials
- Represent the University in all matters relating to fire Safety
- Advise the University on all current and proposed fire legislation
- Conduct and evaluate all fire drills
- Establishing the Incident Command System for fire-related incidents.
- Establish a year round holiday decoration policy.
Dept of Environment, Health and Safety
168-10 Goethals Avenue
Queens, NY 11439
Staten Island Campus