Employee Travel Resources
- Authorization for Direct Deposit of Travel and Expense Reimbursements
- Business Expense Policies and Procedures Manual
- Charter Bus – Peter Pan Bus Lines
- Club Quarter Hotel Program
- Concur Travel and Expense Reporting System
- Enterprise Rent a Car and National Car Rental
- Mileage Reimbursement Policy Change Memo
- Pre-Approval Travel Request Form
- Tax Exemption Certificates
- Travel and Expense Reimbursement Manual - GERS System
- Travel Request and Expense Reimbursement Form 2014
- Travel Request and Expense Reimbursement Form 2015
- Visa Credit Card Payment Method for University Vendors
Director, Accounts Payable
Please find below the discount Charter Bus Rates and contact information for the University’s contracted Charter Bus provider, Peter Pan Bus Lines. Peter Pan should be used by schools and departments for Charter Bus service. Exceptions should be discussed with Purchasing prior to making arrangements with another charter bus provider.
Non Athletics Charters Contact
Please contact Peter Pan’s Charter Department at 800-243-9560, Ext. 1205 for Price Quotes, to make Charter Bus Arrangements and for All Confirmations and Changes to Existing Orders.
Athletics Charter Contact
Please contact Samantha Cote who is the University’s dedicated agent for Athletic Charters at 800-243-9560, Ext. 1124 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all Charter Issues or Concerns, please contact Carl Lajeunesse, Regional Manager at 800-243-9560, Ext. 1126 or email email@example.com.
2013-2014 St. John’s University Charter Pricing
One Day Trips
Airport Transfers $431.63
Minimum Charge $590.07 - for 6 hours of use or less - Pickup and return to St. John’s
Each Additional Hour $98.34
7 Hours of use $688.41
8 Hours $786.75
9 Hours $885.09
10 Hours $983.43
11 Hours $1081.77
12 Hours $1180.11
13 Hours $1278.45
14 Hours $1376.79
15 Hours $ 475.13
Per Mile Charge - $4.04 per mile (price will be miles charge or hourly charge, whichever is greater)
Per Day MINIMUM $972.53 per day
Rate per Mile $4.04
Each Additional Hour - Long Mileage trips subject to extra charges
Tolls, Parking Charges and Driver Meal Money are to be added as a separate expense. Please use EXTRAS so these charges show separately on the invoice.
Meal Money - One Day
6 to 10 Hours - $10.00
Over 10 hours - $25.00
Overnight - $25.00 per day
Parking - Actual Cost
Tolls - Actual EZ Pass Toll Charges OR Estimated Tolls
*** Please add 1 hour additional to all NON TEAM SPORTS charters – I.E. Bus is supposed to be back at St. Johns at 6 p.m. based on MapPoint, charge one additional hour. When in doubt – round to the next hour and add one more.
St. John's University is a member of Club Quarters, full service hotels for member organizations giving the entire St. John's University community (faculty, administration, alumni, family and friends) access (for both business and personal use) to low member rates and complimentary services at Club Quarters, World Trade Center, located at 140 Washington Street on the south side of the World Trade Center. Weekday rates start as low as $171.
Member guests enjoy complimentary amenities including unlimited high-speed Internet access, Club Living Room with coffee, tea, newspapers and magazines, use of computer workstations along with network printing and chilled, purified bottled water. Club Quarters features restricted entry for added safety, instant check in/check out, 24 hour Member Service Desk/concierge and restaurant, bar and meeting and event space http://www.clubquarters.com/MeetingRooms.php.
Additional member benefits for St. John's faculty, administration, alumni, family and friends include:
- Access to 14 additional Club Quarters locations in the United States - New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco and Houston - and London at your low member rates.
- "Night on the House" - a unique repeat guest program which includes a “Night on the House” every business stay after the first stay ($25/£15 service charge) on select weekend and holiday dates.
- Weekend and holiday rates, starting from $126 in New York City, can be booked by calling Member Services at (203) 905-2100. These rates are upon request and subject to availability.
- Perfectly suited for your stays of 30+ days, Corporate Apartments are available with well-equipped kitchens, weekly maid service and full hotel services. Contact the Corporate Apartment Coordinator at 203-905-2121 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Preferred member access for meetings and group bookings. Please contact our Meetings Concierge at 203-905-2122 or email@example.com.
For reservations or additional information, please call Member Services at 203-905-2100 or visit http://www.clubquarters.com/st-johns-university (password: SJU).
St. John’s along with other members of the Lower Hudson Valley Catholic College and University Consortium enhances its relationship with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental for discount vehicle rentals for both business and personal rentals now under the same program.
All Renters must be affiliated (e.g., employee, student, alumni, etc.) with the University over the age of 21 are eligible to participate in this program. We encourage you to become familiar with the policies, procedures and requirements outlined on the attached pages before renting a vehicle.
Highlights of the program include:
- Discount daily, weekly and monthly rental rates for both business and personal vehicle rentals at over 7,500 Enterprise and National locations throughout the United States.
- Rates for Business and personal rentals include unlimited mileage for compact through full-size car class rentals.
- One-way rentals are now also available through National as well as Enterprise and include un-limited mileage for compact through full size car class rentals (Call 1-800-Rent-A-Car for further details.)
- There will be a 5% discount off Enterprise and National’s published rates for personal automobile rentals anywhere in the United States.
- A wide selection of vehicle car classes to choose from.
- Free pick-up or delivery service at either your home or office if renting a car via Enterprise. (This service is not available through National.)
- 24-hour roadside assistance.
- Emerald Club member benefits are now available through both Enterprise and National. Member benefits include: guaranteed free-upgrades, opportunities to earn free rental days, and more. Learn more about The Emerald Club...
I am sure that you will continue to find this discount program to be extremely convenient and cost effective. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact St. John’s University’s Enterprise/National Representative, Christopher Schulman at 917-623-2007 (christopher.J.Schulman@erac.com) or contact Jeffrey Weiss, Director of Purchasing at 718-990-6357.
1 The Lower Hudson Valley Catholic College and University Consortium (LHVCCUC) is comprised of ten (10) Catholic Colleges and Universities who are leveraging their joint buying power to achieve efficiencies and cost savings.
The Business Affairs Office maintains the University’s required documentation and exemption certificates for the state sales tax exemptions in the states listed below for goods and services purchased for valid University business expenses.
Certain lodging and meal expenses incurred while traveling on University business may be exempt from state sales tax in some states. (Please be advised that in many states and/or cities, the University is not exempt from hotel/motel room occupancy taxes even though the University may be exempt from sales taxes in that state.) Please print, keep on hand and use these certificates when traveling on University business.
Employee misuse of these certificates may result in severe disciplinary action up to and including termination.
State Tax Exemption Certificates
- Connecticut - a form needs to be completed for each vendor, CT-112 (for one time vendors) and CT-123 (for recurring vendors). The first part of the form would be completed by your department, then returned to Business Affairs for signature. Then the form would have to be sent to CT for approval. Each exemption request must be approved by the CT exemption office.
- Massachusetts – To obtain the exemption, the purchaser must provide the vendor with a signed copy of a Sales Tax Exempt Purchase Certificate (Form ST-5) and a copy of the organizations Certificate of Exemption (Form ST-2) along with the letter of renewal (both forms must be used in combination to get the exemption.)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Pennsylvania (the PA exemption does not apply to hotel occupancy tax)
- Rhode Island
- Texas (the Texas exemption does not apply to hotel occupancy tax)
When the IBM Global Expense Reporting Solutions screen appears, click on favorites and add this to your favorites list.
Registering for the First Time
Click on new user registration. The screen will ask you to enter your employee number and last name. Your employee number is the eight digit number found on the front of your Storm Card. Then follow the screens to complete the registration (verify and add information requested).
IBM (GERS) will return a user ID and password to your e-mail (Microsoft Outlook). You should receive the response within 24 hours. If you do not, please call ext. 5000.
Logging In for the First Time
Refresh the GERS link and enter the user ID and password provided on the e-mail from GERS registration. It will immediately ask you to change your password. Follow the screen prompts to verify your registration. You will need to do this only one time.
Logging In After the First Time
Refresh the GERS T&E link, your User Id should appear. Enter your new password at this time.
Forgot Your Password?
- Refresh the GERS link and click on “CLICK here for assistance”
- Follow the screen prompts and you will receive a new password to your e-mail (Microsoft Outlook) from GERS
Setting Up a Preparer to Complete T&E’s on Your Behalf
A one time set-up is required to prepare a form for another employee.
Example: a Director wants a Secretary to prepare his/her T&E. First step in the process — both parties need to register in GERS.
The Director then logs into GERS and clicks on the “PROFILE” icon at the top of the form and selects “OPTIONS” in the lower left hand corner. He/she then clicks on the “PREPARE” tab and inserts the Secretary’s (preparer) name, and then clicks on “ADD” and then “DONE” to complete the process.
The Secretary (preparer) now logs into GERS and clicks on the “PREPARE” tab at the top of the form and selects the name of the Director.
You will notice that the name at the top of the form will change to the Director’s name. The Secretary (preparer) can now move forward and complete the T&E. After filling out the T&E form, it is returned to the Director for review and submission.
Preparing the T&E
Log into GERS and click on the “NEW” icon.
Follow the numbered tabs and insert the required expense information. Note, after the T&E is completed and submitted for approval, the “TRANSMITTAL SHEET” must be faxed along with the receipts to the fax number provided on the transmittal sheet.
The GERS Fax Number: 703-858-2076
Approving the T&E
The designated approver must complete the T&E process by reviewing and approving the T&E submission.
Call the IT Help Desk at ext. 5000
GERS is a Web based application which enables employees to electronically prepare and submit Travel expenses.
All T&E’s must be prepared using existing University Policies and Procedures. T&E’s should be entered into GERS within a 30 day period following travel.
Detailed steps can be found in the GERS T&E manual located on the University intranet under “Employee Resources”.
St. John’s University is implementing a convenient new payment option for our suppliers, and going forward would like to pay all future invoices with a Visa credit card. Under this new option, we would like for you to keep our Visa card number on file. If you are unable to keep the card number on file you can elect to receive the card account information with each payment via secure email. Please continue to invoice us as per our current terms and conditions. Once we approve an invoice for payment, an electronic remittance advice will be sent to your company via email or fax, along with approval to charge the card for the authorized net amount. The remittance advice will include statement-type information such as invoice numbers, date and amount for invoices.
- Saving time and money – reduces the labor, hassle, expenses and risk associated with checks.
- Accelerated receipt of cash, as funds are typically deposited within 48 hours of the credit card transaction.
- Requiring no change to current invoicing procedures.
- Going green paperless, electronic payments are more secure, save money and also help conserve the environment by eliminating printing and mailing paper checks.
- More detailed payment information such as associated purchase order or contract number.
St. John's University’s facilitator for this new payment option is Bank of America. If you are interested in learning more about ePayables and it’s benefits or accepting this form of payment, please visit bankofamerica.com/epayablesvendors or contact Sharmila Nigalye at 718-990-6046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. John's University appreciates your products and services, and we look forward to providing your company with this more efficient payment option.