Employee Travel Resources
Concur Travel and Expense Reporting System
Please find below the discount Charter Bus Rates and contact information for the University’s contracted Charter Bus provider, Saddle River Tours. Saddle River Tours should be used by schools and departments for Charter Bus service. Exceptions should be discussed with Purchasing prior to making arrangements with another charter bus provider.
Please contact Saddle River Tours Charter Department at 800-872-6665 Ext. 213 or 202 for Price Quotes, to make Charter Bus Arrangements and for All Confirmations and Changes to Existing Orders.
For all Charter Issues or Concerns, please contact Cheryl DeFuria at 800-872-6665 Ext. 213 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. John’s University Charter Pricing
|Hourly/Mileage Rates||36 Passenger Bus*||55 Passenger Bus|
(Hourly and/or Dollar)
|$475/4 Hours||475/4 Hours|
|Flat Rate||36 Passenger Bus*||55 Passenger Bus|
|La Guardia Airport||$475||$475|
|L.I MacArthur Airport||$525||$525|
|Westchester County Airport||$525||$525|
All fees except driver lodging are included in Charter Pricing.
All Charter Rates will remain flat through August, 2017. Thereafter, there will be a 2% increase each year.
Saddle River Tours has ADA compliant vehicles available for Charter Service per request at no extra charge.
St. John's University is a member of Club Quarters, full service hotels for member organizations giving the entire St. John's University community (faculty, administration, alumni, family and friends) access (for both business and personal use) to low member rates and complimentary services at Club Quarters, World Trade Center, located at 140 Washington Street on the south side of the World Trade Center. Weekday rates start as low as $171.
Member guests enjoy complimentary amenities including unlimited high-speed Internet access, Club Living Room with coffee, tea, newspapers and magazines, use of computer workstations along with network printing and chilled, purified bottled water. Club Quarters features restricted entry for added safety, instant check in/check out, 24 hour Member Service Desk/concierge and restaurant, bar and meeting and event space http://www.clubquarters.com/MeetingRooms.php.
Additional member benefits for St. John's faculty, administration, alumni, family and friends include:
- Access to 14 additional Club Quarters locations in the United States - New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco and Houston - and London at your low member rates.
- "Night on the House" - a unique repeat guest program which includes a “Night on the House” every business stay after the first stay ($25/£15 service charge) on select weekend and holiday dates.
- Weekend and holiday rates, starting from $126 in New York City, can be booked by calling Member Services at (203) 905-2100. These rates are upon request and subject to availability.
- Perfectly suited for your stays of 30+ days, Corporate Apartments are available with well-equipped kitchens, weekly maid service and full hotel services. Contact the Corporate Apartment Coordinator at 203-905-2121 or email@example.com.
- Preferred member access for meetings and group bookings. Please contact our Meetings Concierge at 203-905-2122 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For reservations or additional information, please call Member Services at 203-905-2100 or visit http://www.clubquarters.com/st-johns-university (password: SJU).
St. John’s along with other members of the Lower Hudson Valley Catholic College and University Consortium enhances its relationship with Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental for discount vehicle rentals for both business and personal rentals now under the same program.
All Renters must be affiliated (e.g., employee, student, alumni, etc.) with the University over the age of 21 are eligible to participate in this program. We encourage you to become familiar with the policies, procedures and requirements outlined on the attached pages before renting a vehicle.
Highlights of the program include:
- Discount daily, weekly and monthly rental rates for both business and personal vehicle rentals at over 7,500 Enterprise and National locations throughout the United States.
- Rates for Business and personal rentals include unlimited mileage for compact through full-size car class rentals.
- One-way rentals are now also available through National as well as Enterprise and include un-limited mileage for compact through full size car class rentals (Call 1-800-Rent-A-Car for further details.)
- There will be a 5% discount off Enterprise and National’s published rates for personal automobile rentals anywhere in the United States.
- A wide selection of vehicle car classes to choose from.
- Free pick-up or delivery service at either your home or office if renting a car via Enterprise. (This service is not available through National.)
- 24-hour roadside assistance.
- Emerald Club member benefits are now available through both Enterprise and National. Member benefits include: guaranteed free-upgrades, opportunities to earn free rental days, and more. Learn more about The Emerald Club...
I am sure that you will continue to find this discount program to be extremely convenient and cost effective. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact St. John’s University’s Enterprise/National Representative, Christopher Schulman at 917-623-2007 (christopher.J.Schulman@erac.com) or contact Jeffrey Weiss, Director of Purchasing at 718-990-6357.
1 The Lower Hudson Valley Catholic College and University Consortium (LHVCCUC) is comprised of ten (10) Catholic Colleges and Universities who are leveraging their joint buying power to achieve efficiencies and cost savings.
The Business Affairs Office maintains the University’s required documentation and exemption certificates for the state sales tax exemptions in the states listed below for goods and services purchased for valid University business expenses.
Certain lodging and meal expenses incurred while traveling on University business may be exempt from state sales tax in some states. (Please be advised that in many states and/or cities, the University is not exempt from hotel/motel room occupancy taxes even though the University may be exempt from sales taxes in that state.) Please print, keep on hand and use these certificates when traveling on University business.
Employee misuse of these certificates may result in severe disciplinary action up to and including termination.
State Tax Exemption Certificates
- Connecticut - a form needs to be completed for each vendor, CT-112 (for one time vendors) and CT-123 (for recurring vendors). The first part of the form would be completed by your department, then returned to Business Affairs for signature. Then the form would have to be sent to CT for approval. Each exemption request must be approved by the CT exemption office.
- Massachusetts – To obtain the exemption, the purchaser must provide the vendor with a signed copy of a Sales Tax Exempt Purchase Certificate (Form ST-5) and a copy of the organizations Certificate of Exemption (Form ST-2) along with the letter of renewal (both forms must be used in combination to get the exemption.)
- New Jersey
- New York
- Pennsylvania (the PA exemption does not apply to hotel occupancy tax)
- Rhode Island
- Texas (the Texas exemption does not apply to hotel occupancy tax)
St. John’s University is implementing a convenient new payment option for our suppliers, and going forward would like to pay all future invoices with a Visa credit card. Under this new option, we would like for you to keep our Visa card number on file. If you are unable to keep the card number on file you can elect to receive the card account information with each payment via secure email. Please continue to invoice us as per our current terms and conditions. Once we approve an invoice for payment, an electronic remittance advice will be sent to your company via email or fax, along with approval to charge the card for the authorized net amount. The remittance advice will include statement-type information such as invoice numbers, date and amount for invoices.
- Saving time and money – reduces the labor, hassle, expenses and risk associated with checks.
- Accelerated receipt of cash, as funds are typically deposited within 48 hours of the credit card transaction.
- Requiring no change to current invoicing procedures.
- Going green paperless, electronic payments are more secure, save money and also help conserve the environment by eliminating printing and mailing paper checks.
- More detailed payment information such as associated purchase order or contract number.
St. John's University’s facilitator for this new payment option is Bank of America. If you are interested in learning more about ePayables and it’s benefits or accepting this form of payment, please visit bankofamerica.com/epayablesvendors or contact Sharmila Nigalye at 718-990-6046 or email@example.com.
St. John's University appreciates your products and services, and we look forward to providing your company with this more efficient payment option.