All St. John's University's campuses will be open Wednesday, January 28 and all classes will run on a regular schedule. The Registrar's office has extended the add/drop deadline to Wednesday, February 4, 2015. This does not apply to Law School students.
People Management: Interviewing Techniques – Hiring the Best
Audience: Administrators who Supervise other Staff or Administrators
Hiring a new employee for your department can be a challenging, time-consuming experience. The Interviewing Techniques: Hiring the Best workshop will give you the skills you need to hire the best candidate; one who will positively impact your department’s functioning and productivity.
Learn how to:
- Work together with HR to best manage the hiring process
- Identify selection criteria and required competencies for the position
- Create questions that will let you know how the candidate will perform in the job
- Develop rapport with candidates and build a positive interview climate
- Probe for more information in the interview process
- Transition through each stage of the interview seamlessly
- Use effective behavioral questioning techniques
- Ensure legal compliance
- Attract qualified candidates to your department, and the University
- Use your time wisely to get the most informative responses from candidates
- Gather information to make a well-informed hiring decision